[Koha-devel] wiki page about the creation of a new authority type

Fabio T. fabio.tian at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 12:30:47 CET 2014

Hi everyone,

some weeks ago I thought of a page in the Koha wiki dedicated to the
creation of new autority types. I also sent a mail to the list but I
realized just today that the address I wrote from wasn't registered to
Koha-devel (the list was forwarded from another address of mine)...

The idea came up mainly for two reasons. First, to shed some light on the
procedure (I'm not even 100% sure to know all the pieces involved!); second,
the manual lacks this kind of information (it just says to create a new
framework as for the biblio ones, omitting any edit on the Zebra side for
example).

This way the community would benefit from having a standard and approved
procedure for creating a fully working new authority type; the wiki format
would ease the review and update of the information... then maybe some of
the contents could make it to the manual (those not directly targeted to
system administrators I guess).

So, here's the page:
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Create_new_authority_type

I'm not sure it is entirely complete and correct, so any review could be
crucial for the users (should I add a note on top of the page stating it is
still a work-in-progress yet to be verified from the developer community?).

Thank you in advance for any thoughts or contributions.

Regards,
Fabio