[Koha-devel] RM FYI: index definition patches

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Wed Feb 19 22:04:51 CET 2014

Hi,

DOM has been the default indexing mode for bib records for Koha since
June 2012, and as of August 2013 is the default mode for instances
creating using koha-create.

It is desirable that the indexes definitions are not allowed to drift
too much between DOM and GRS-1, at least until such time as we fully
deprecate GRS-1.

Consequently, as of now, for anything new that get submitted, I will
decline to push patches that update the GRS-1 index definitions but do
not also update the DOM definitions (except, of course, for cases
where the purpose of the patch is to repair an issue that only affects
the GRS-1 index definitions).

This does not apply to any patches that have passed QA or which have
been signed off in the past month, although I will retain the right to
refer the bug back to the original patch submitter if it turns out to
be nontrivial to write a follow-up that updates the DOM configuration.

As with any pronouncement of this nature, this is not set in concrete
-- if there is a valid reason for a patch to update GRS-1 but not DOM,
that's fine -- but patch submitters will have to articulate that
reason.

Regards,

Galen
--