[Koha-devel] File sizes

Paul A paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com
Fri Feb 28 21:58:44 CET 2014

At 11:29 AM 2/28/2014 -0800, Galen Charlton wrote:
>Hi,
>
>On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 10:52 AM, Paul A <paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com>
>wrote:
>[snip]
> > -rw-rw---- 1 mysql mysql 1117782016 Feb 28 18:43 ibdata1
> > [log files identical]
> >
> > Two questions if I may.  First, are my numbers typical?
>
>Hard to say without knowing how many bibs you have.

Thanks Galen -- ~35k bibs , but (probably atypically because of serials)
more than 150k items.

>Regardless, if you're not using the innodb_file_per_table option, [snip]

No -- we're not at the moment. Next upgrade (May/June this year), we intend
(but see MariaDB below) to use mysql 5.6 which defaults to per_table.

> > Second, has MariaDB been shelved permanently?
>Far from it.  At present, I've seen no issues using MariaDB 5.5 as a
>drop-in replacement for MySQL, either on my personal development boxes
>or in production use.

Sounds good (particularly the "production use" part) -- I had seen Bug 5366
which doesn't appear to be signed off. Is there a Koha write-up anywhere on
implementing MariaDB? I've never even played with it, but understand that
the Oracle/ibdata problem is non-existent.

tnx and br -- paul