[Koha-devel] Advice on syncing and DBIC

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Tue Jan 21 23:47:56 CET 2014

Magnus Enger schreef op di 21-01-2014 om 11:17 [+0100]:
> - Attributes are less intrusive, they only need to be added to systems
> that want to sync with the Norwegian national patron database.

I'd tend to go towards attributes, but...

> - New columns could be re-used by others, to implement other syncing
> schemes, and they are easier to work with, as far as I can see.

...if not, I don't think it should be a new column. It probably should
be a table that can be joined with borrowers.

a) there's enough stuff in there as it is, but more
b) things that are logically not specifically borrower details should
have their own place to be.

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.