[Koha-devel] Modules only on CPAN

Martin Renvoize martin.renvoize at ptfs-europe.com
Fri Jan 31 10:05:54 CET 2014

Throwing down the gauntlet here in a bit of a stream of conscience...

If search results are all we are paginating server-side then shouldn't we
really be focusing on search relevancy and limiting results down such that
we don't really need to paginate at all?  (I'm kinda hoping that the
elastic search work will go a long way to solving this dilemma...) I would
put money on analytic's showing that most users give up after page two or
three of the results at the latest.

I do think some page's need pagination, like the acquisitions pages for
example.. but the search results in my mind should be a bit more concise
and accurate in the first place ;)

Either way, this is going off topic somwhat

Just my two pennies...

Martin Renvoize
Software Engineer, PTFS Europe Ltd
Skype: