[Koha-devel] The schema of DBIx::Class is not up-to-date

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Tue Jul 8 17:07:20 CEST 2014

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 7:10 AM, Yohann Dufour
<yohann.dufour at biblibre.com> wrote:
> I joined with this email the list of the differences between the DBIx::Class
> schema and the current database schema.

I believe that the difference in the generated schema classes can be
accounted for by the fact that you're using a newer version of
DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader.

When I was RM for 3.16, I was using DBIC::Schema::Loader version
v0.07025.  Yesterday Tomas and I did some checking of classes
generated using v0.07039.  Among other changes, the newer versions now
recognize "set null" as a FK action and default to "restrict" rather
than "cascade" if the action is not explicitly specified.

Those are both good changes, so I recommend that we require at least
version v0.07039 of DBIC::Schema::Loader.  Since that module is /not/
required for production use -- it's only needed for development --
requiring a hire version should not affect packaging signficantly.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton