[Koha-devel] RFC: /svc/ API

Philippe Blouin philippe.blouin at inlibro.com
Mon Jul 21 21:36:06 CEST 2014

Hi,
Changing the API would be quite simple.  But not making it
"retro-compatible" could be a nightmare to some installs.  In our case,
we "published" the addresses as call-backs.  Correcting those in the
remote systems _could_ be a drag, way more than the usual
rebase/upgrade/fix involving code.

Just a thought.

Blou

On 07/21/2014 03:19 PM, Tomas Cohen Arazi wrote:
> Hi, on bug 12590 [1] we started a discussion on the current /svc API.
> Petter proposed extending the /svc/bib capabilities (which is great)
> but I noticed the current API does not respect the usual meaning of
> HTTP verbs for REST (specifically the meaning of POST).
>
> So I have a question: who is using the API and how difficult would be
> to adapt to using PUT instead of POST?
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> --
> Tomás Cohen Arazi
> Prosecretaría de Informática
> Universidad Nacional de Córdoba
> ? +54 351 5353750 ext 13168
> GPG: B76C 6E7C 2D80 551A C765  E225 0A27 2EA1 B2F3 C15F

Philippe Blouin,
Responsable du développement informatique

Tél.  : (888) 604-2627
philippe.blouin at inLibro.com <mailto:philippe.blouin at inLibro.com>

inLibro | pour esprit libre | www.inLibro.com <http://www.inLibro.com>