[Koha-devel] Jenkins usage

Mark Tompsett mtompset at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 2 15:50:45 CEST 2014

Greetings,

> I've asked our IT guys to set 4 virtual machines running
> different OS versions to run the master branch test suit on all
> of them. The OSs would be:
>
> - Debian 6
> - Debian 7
> - Ubuntu 12.04
> - Ubuntu 14.04
>
> All of them 'amd64' atchitecture.

Do we know of anyone who is running Koha on 32-bit architecture?

> Do you think this OS selection is right? I was thinking that
> a 'Debian testing'  might be better than Debian 6, but I'm
> all ears.

Yes, that looks good to me. We need to know if Koha runs on the
most current stable and previous stable versions of them. Since,
I believe Koha is generally run under those two OS’s the most.

Though, I thought perhaps include Linux Mint?
"Started in 2006, Linux Mint is now the 4th most widely used
home operating system behind Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac OS
and Canonical's Ubuntu."
(www.linuxmint.com/about.php)

We do have people running Koha on desktop versions of the OS,
and I think LinuxMint would be a highly likely candidate for it
other than the Ubuntu.

GPML,
Mark Tompsett