[Koha-devel] Introduction from Viktor

Viktor.Sarge at regionhalland.se Viktor.Sarge at regionhalland.se
Tue Jun 3 12:07:50 CEST 2014

Dear subscribers of the devel list!

My name is Viktor Sarge and as I am now extending my lurking about from IRC and the general list to this list I think a presentation might be in order. I work as a senior regional library development officer at the regional library of Halland in Sweden. I’ve been involved with Koha for a few years now and presently run a project trying to do as much as possible to make Koha a relevant free infrastructure for Swedish libraries. This includes both funding development in Koha and helping interested libraries get hold of the right information. The reason I subscribe to this list is that I want to learn more about the inner workings of Koha and plan to submit one or two line patches once in a while. I’m not really a programmer very often but am dusting of my old SQL and learning a bit of Perl to be able to better understand what’s going on.

Some of you I have already met on IRC, the lists and KohaCon2012 but I look forward to follow the discussion here, learn and hopefully get to know some of you a little better in the process. I must say I’ve come to readjust my view of Koha over the years from the code being the valuable resource to the community being the most valuable part of Koha.

Kind regards!
/Viktor Sarge
Viktor Sarge
Utvecklingsledare
Regionbibliotek Halland
Kultur i Halland

TFN: 035-17 98 73
E-POST: Viktor.Sarge at regionhalland.se
BESÖKSADRESS: Södra vägen 9, 30180 Halmstad
WEBB: www.regionhalland.se/regionbibliotek