[Koha-devel] [SOLVED] Re: Adding logging support to / for custom Koha plugins

Indranil Das Gupta indradg at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 04:08:45 CEST 2014

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 5:05 AM, Indranil Das Gupta <indradg at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like add logging support.
>
> My question : how easy or difficult would that be?

Well, that was a *dumb* question! *facepalm*

Anyways, I got it figured it out. In case someone is looking for
something similar, here are the steps involved.

1. include the C4::Log module in the <custom_koha_plugin>.pm file

2. call logaction() with the necessary parameters from the module
where ever logging is required.

3. (if necessary, in my case it was) add an additional option to
'modules' select dropdown in log viewer template i.e. viewlog.tt

Setting up a syspref to enable / disable the PluginLog was not
required in my case. if required it would be simple enough to add.

cheers
-indra

--
Indranil Das Gupta

Phone : +91-98300-20971
Blog    : http://indradg.randomink.org/blog
IRC      : indradg on irc://irc.freenode.net
Twitter : indradg