[Koha-devel] Improvment of ACQ during hackfest in Marseille

Colin Campbell colin.campbell at ptfs-europe.com
Fri Mar 7 14:56:17 CET 2014

On Fri, Mar 07, 2014 at 12:29:59PM +0100, Zeno Tajoli wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> as CINECA we decided to invest in improvment/bug fixing of ACQ module.
> I will be at hackfest in Marseille next week.

One suggestion I'd make for interested parties to discuss re Acq at the
Hackfest is whether the current big monolithic C4/Acquisitions module
could be meaningfully broken up and the interface to the data made more
consistent. DBIC could do a lot of the heavy lifting for you. At the
moment a lot of processing is done as side effects in various routines
and when you try and address a problem (e.g. in price calculation) there
are multiple places to hunt it down and you are left with the suspicion
that its still getting redone somwhere else perhaps if we broke the big
Acq module into objects like Order, Basket etc with cleaner interfaces
we could make a bit more progress on the big questions the mosule users
want addressed.

Cheers
Colin

--