[Koha-devel] Here's a little thing i wrote... kohaprofile

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Tue Mar 18 16:07:25 CET 2014

Le 18/03/2014 11:34, Magnus Enger a écrit :
> Dear Community,
>
> I spent the last day of the hackfest in Marseille hacking together a
> "proof of concept" script for checking changes in the performance of
> Koha over time:
>
> https://github.com/digibib/kohaprofile
>
> The idea is to step x commits back in time, run a bunch of timed
> tests/benchmarks on Koha, take one step forwards in time, run the
> tests again etc. Hopefully this might be able to show us what the
> general trends are, and if there are any changes that lead to
> noticeable increases in response times.
This idea is wonderful. When I remember Koha 1.x, I remember a *very
fast* Koha. I would be curious to know if the speed lost is only because
we added many many things, or if there is a pitfall we fall in (in this
case, I would bet it's related to Unicode management...)

--
Paul POULAIN - BibLibre
http://www.biblibre.com