[Koha-devel] Arabic PO Files Broken in 3.14 (at least) and up

David Cook dcook at prosentient.com.au
Mon May 19 05:46:06 CEST 2014

Hi folks:

It appears that the Arabic PO files are broken in 3.14 (possibly earlier)
and in master.

When you install ar-Arab, you'll get lots of errors about "unconsistent %s"
and sure enough when you look at a template or try to navigate to something
like search results or the tag cloud, you'll get fatal errors.

Unfortunately, I can't read Arabic. While some inconsistent/missing "%s"
seemed obvious to fix, most of them were puzzling to me (I knew I should've
studied Arabic in uni.). I imagine this is also due to trying to change the
logic in the translated template so that data will be printed out in a way
that makes sense to a user (right to left rather than left to right).

I suppose I'm wondering if anyone is doing any work on the Arabic
translations. I would love to bring people up to 3.14, but it's not possible
where libraries require Arabic translations.

Happy to help, but not sure what I can do for this issue.

Thanks,

-David