[Koha-devel] Ambiguous column names

Marcel de Rooy M.de.Rooy at rijksmuseum.nl
Wed Nov 12 15:58:46 CET 2014

Hi,

While adding a timestamp to the borrowers table, I ran into the trouble of ambiguous column names when querying multiple tables. See BZ 10459.

Until now we added timestamps to several tables while just naming them "timestamp".

Adding more timestamps will be increasingly difficult since we have to check all SQL queries that reference timestamp (from another table) and the table at hand.

So I now consider adding borrowertimestamp, or bortimestamp (ugly but shorter).

Any thoughts about doing this in some consistent manner?

Marcel