[Koha-devel] Any secret for updatedatabase.pl?

Philippe Blouin philippe.blouin at inlibro.com
Tue Nov 18 22:48:16 CET 2014

Holà Koha!
After so many rebasing nightmares only caused by updatedatabase.pl, I
was wondering how you are doing your insertions in that file to make
things easier.
Git is a bit dumb by default regarding that file, so I was wondering if
you knew of any way to write the insertion to always show at the right
place in a rebase.

Of course, maybe it's just hopeless, in which case may I ask why we are
doing it this way?

Locally, I moved from that file and instead create a different file for
each update (update_XXXX_long_description), and have my script run them
all in sorted order.  I could see that used in the community, with a
subdirectory for each version.  I can imagine it would have a very small
impact on performance, but it'd be sooo much easier to rebase.

Thanks,
Blou

Rebase, rebase, rebase....