[Koha-devel] New coding guidelines on adding a syspref (INSERTIGNORE)

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Tue Apr 7 18:19:45 CEST 2015

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 11:53 AM, Christopher Nighswonger
<chris.nighswonger at gmail.com> wrote:
> A long time ago, when I first opened this bug, I had hoped to code up a sub
> which would handle the check to see if the pref existed or not. The thought
> was to avoid the use of MySQLisms.
>
> I would think that this is a quick-and-easy, have-it-today fix, with the
> ultimate goal to be DB agnostic.

'INSERT IGNORE' is grep-able enough for future munging into a
DB-agnostic solution.

+1 to encouraging use of 'insert ignore' for now.

-1 to rejecting patches on account of it; QAers should instead supply
follow-ups if needed.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton
Infrastructure and Added Services Manager
email:  gmc at esilibrary.com
direct: +1 770-709-5581
cell:   +1 404-984-4366
skype:  gmcharlt