[Koha-devel] New coding guidelines on adding a syspref (INSERTIGNORE)

Mark Tompsett mtompset at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 7 19:57:31 CEST 2015

Greetings,

Kyle Hall wrote:
> We could move to using DBIC's find_or_create method as an
> alternative:
> http://search.cpan.org/~ribasushi/DBIx-Class-0.082820/lib/DBIx/Class/ResultSet.pm#find_or_create
>
> I know I've submitted at least one patch that uses that instead of the
> classic INSERT statement.

Bug number? I’d like to see.

Galen does have a point that it is grep-able for future fixing, which is why
I didn’t object so heavily, but perhaps something nicer if easy enough to
suggest would be good too.

Chris Nighswonger wrote:
> I would think that this is a quick-and-easy, have-it-today fix,
> with the ultimate goal to be DB agnostic.

Does this mean someone else is going to work on it? I was thinking perhaps
we need a Koha::SystemPreferences put together. This would also help us step
towards cleaning up the mess that is C4::Context.

GPML,
Mark Tompsett