[Koha-devel] Start of new release. Some updates.

BWS Johnson abesottedphoenix at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 4 14:07:57 CET 2015

Salvete!

   This is what you mean, right Paul?

http://coral-erm.org/

   As usual, I agree with Paul's line of thought. I have wondered an awful lot over the years what things would be like were Koha to be treated like a racecar with modules. If we strip things down to the chassis and allow Libraries to select modules that are relevant to them, I can only imagine that it would be far more usable and perform much better. Just as I felt that leveraging Solr was in our interests and cleverly engineering things for interoperability was vastly preferable to reinventing the wheel. I realise that currently you can configure preferences to be extremely granular. That's great, but what if folks just want something that makes sense out of the box for their type of Library?

Cheers,
Brooke