[Koha-devel] Get rid of item-level_itype?

Jonathan Druart jonathan.druart at bugs.koha-community.org
Fri Dec 11 13:04:51 CET 2015

Hi devs,

Friday is a good day for this kind of questions, fasten your seat belt
for a time travel.

As many of you know, the item type is not correctly managed all around
the different Koha modules. Sometimes it's, sometimes it's not.
The main issue is that we deal with it at too many places and the code
is not clean/centralised at all.

So I have searched for previous discussions on this subject and I have
found this "Abandoned RFC" on the wiki :
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Mandate_item-level_circulation_rules_RFC
filled from this koha-devel thread
http://lists.koha-community.org/pipermail/koha-devel/2008-October/031144.html

The questions are:
1/ Is this still valid?
2/ Is there something missing in the different steps described?
3/ Does someone have some other suggestions to do?

I would be happy to provide this change but first I would like to get
confirmation about it and get people involved in signoffing/QAing the
possible patch set.

Cheers,
Jonathan