[Koha-devel] repeated entries in biblioimages (record covers)

Giuseppe Angilella Giuseppe.Angilella at ct.infn.it
Tue Feb 10 05:07:39 CET 2015

Hi,

as far as I understand, the image files of additional record covers are
saved in binary format under the mysql fields biblioimages.imagefile and
biblioimages.thumbnail, which are of type mediumblob.

I would now like to associate several (hundreds) records to the same cover
image.

(These are books belonging to an old collection, for which no ISBN exists
and therefore no image is available on amazon, all sharing the same sort
of cover jacket.)

Should I enter the same cover image for each record separately, this would
result in an unnecessary increase in the size of the biblioimages table,
and therefore of the whole database.

I wonder whether some sort of "aliasing" would be possible, in this case.

A related question is also whether adding a cover image to a record could
be performed routinely through an external script, rather than through
the Koha staff browser, to expedite the procedure in the case of several
records.

Many thanks in advance and best regards.

Giuseppe.