[Koha-devel] Massime import slow (around 800 record in 1 minute).

Ian Bays ian.bays at ptfs-europe.com
Mon Feb 16 16:32:46 CET 2015

I too have noticed recent versions of koha are very slow on the
bulkmarcimport.
Both dev and package install.  Both new installs (3.18.02.000).

The larger system (16Gb) took about 10 hours bulkmarcimport for about
400,000 records being about 667 per minute.
The smaller is progressing at a similar rate.

I did notice that the zebraqueue table was building up as the load
progressed whereas previously I was sure I had to perform a
rebuild_zebra afterwards.

I wonder if additional processing has been added to bulkmarcimport which
might benefit smaller loads by flagging for zebra updates, but has a
major impact on larger imports.

If so, would it be better to have a command-line switch to avoid the
extra overheads?

I hope this helps the discussion.

All the best.
Ian

--
Ian Bays
Director of Projects, PTFS Europe Limited
email: ian.bays at ptfs-europe.com