[Koha-devel] Template Toolkit BLOCK in INCLUDE file

David Cook dcook at prosentient.com.au
Thu Jan 29 01:45:16 CET 2015

Hi Jonathan and Marcel:

Thanks for your messages! I've realized my mistake...

1) When I was testing "opac-auth.detail.tt" and "opac-authorities.inc", my
debugging strings weren't making it through, but I think that jstree was
deleting them, which is why I didn't see them. I tried removing [% PROCESS
'opac-authorities.inc' %], and that quickly showed me that it was, in fact,
working.

2) My mistake was that I was using [% INCLUDE 'external_file.inc' %], which
doesn't work because it locally scopes all the variables. So the variable
associated with the block will never be shared outside of the include file.
However, if one uses the PROCESS directive, like in opac-auth.detail.tt, it
works because it doesn't locally scope its variables, so they're accessible
to the including file.

It was just me not understanding the Template Toolkit instructions and the
scoping of the blocks.

Thanks again for having me look at this again : ).

David Cook
Systems Librarian
Prosentient Systems
72/330 Wattle St, Ultimo, NSW 2007