[Koha-devel] SIP Authentication broken when LDAP Auth Enabled

Bernard Shiundu bshiundu at strathmore.edu
Wed Jul 8 19:39:24 CEST 2015

We have been running KOHA with ldap authentication enabled and are now
trying to get the SIP server going.

I notice that when ldap auth is enabled I cannot authenticate a regular
Koha Account  via SIP.

With ldap enabled, testing via telnet using
9300CNkohasipuserid|COkohasipuserpwd|CPmybranch| returns 941 but in the sip
ogs I see:

LDAP bind failed as kohauser kohasipuser: LDAP error #49:
LDAP_INVALID_CREDENTIALS
# The wrong password was supplied or the SASL credentials could not be
processed

When I disable ldap auth in koha-xml.conf everything works as advertised. I
have also tried adding my kohasipuser to ldap. This makes the error go away
in the logs but Koha users still cannot login via SIP.

Any suggestions on how to overcome this?

Bernard Shiundu
Nairobi, Kenya

Note: All emails sent from Strathmore University are subject to
Strathmore’s Email Terms & Conditions. Please click here
<http://www.strathmore.edu/aboutus.php?id=184> to read the policy.

"Visit our Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/StrathmoreUniversity>Page and Twitter
<https://twitter.com/StrathU>Account".