[Koha-devel] Koha::Object

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Tue Jul 28 01:48:06 CEST 2015

Kyle Hall schreef op ma 27-07-2015 om 07:22 [-0400]:
> I think authentication is the perfect way to use interfaces in Koha!
> That way we can have a standard API for authentication be it internal,
> ldap, cas, or whatever! Right now the way C4::Auth and it's ilk are
> mixed together definitely creates headaches when attempting to debug
> authentication issues.

I've been complaining to anyone who'd listen that our current way of
doing auth is hacks upon hacks upon hacks, and if I had all the time in
the world I'd rewrite it using a modular architecture, along these
lines.

Then you can configure the classes in koha-conf.xml, and have a
sequence, e.g.:

<auth>
 <koha save="true" /> <!-- koha internal auth is checked first, save this login if it succeeds and isn't already here -->
 <certificate certfield="commonname" kohafield="email" /> <!-- SSL client certificates is checked second -->
 <ldap>
  ... ldap details ...
 </ldap>
</auth>

or something along those lines, so you can build up your own
authentication process.

Unfortunately, I don't have all the time in the world, so this hasn't
been anything more than a thought experiment for me so far :)

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.