[Koha-devel] AGPL

Mirko Tietgen mirko at abunchofthings.net
Sat Jun 20 15:18:16 CEST 2015

Trying to get into the old discussion on that matter, I found the
»Proposal To Switch Koha's License to GPLv3 and AGPLv3 or AGPLv3«
started by Thomas Dukleth
https://lists.katipo.co.nz/public/koha/2010-July/024391.html
adressing concerns.

The thread overview is here
https://lists.katipo.co.nz/public/koha/2010-July/thread.html#24518
(is there a better way to get an overview of a single thread in the
archive?)

I am still in the process of going through that, but some things do
not seem valid anymore (like concerns because the license was new at
that point, shared between GPL3 [which we use these days] and AGPL)
and five years have passed, so opinions may have changed.

Thomas also put an article in the wiki
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Upgrade_to_AGPL_3_for_Koha_3.4_-_Advocacy

-- Mirko