[Koha-devel] koha and mod perl

Gaetan Boisson gaetan.boisson at biblibre.com
Thu Jun 25 14:45:47 CEST 2015

  Hello all,

we have kept working on mod perl, and have reached a state that seems
fairly stable to us for now.

I know the community is working towards plack support, so this could be
regarded as a temporary trick, but since most of us use Apache anyway to
serve Koha, i think it's a trick worth having a look at.

While we haven't managed to get plack in a state stable enough that we
felt we could set it up in production for one of our libraries, we feel
like we are close enough with mod perl and will likely try this very soon.

So if you are feeling brave and want to give it a ride, you can head to
http://intranet-demo.biblibre.com/ (login/pwd test/test, this is reset
every night) and http://demo.biblibre.com/ to see how much faster it feels.

We'll keep you posted once we've tried it in a real production environment !

--
Gaetan Boisson
Chef de projet bibliothécaire
gaetan.boisson at biblibre.com