Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Mon Jun 29 04:04:17 CEST 2015

Mirko Tietgen schreef op zo 28-06-2015 om 20:52 [+0100]:
> Apart from having learned to take sunday off instead of writing
> redundant code, I wonder why we have these two categories which seem
> to be confusing to everyone. Take a look and you will see what I
> mean, there is a lot of koha-* scripts in both.

I actually got myself added to the CC of the command-line scripts
category the other week because I noticed that was happening.

> Can we agree on having all command-line stuff used exclusively with
> package installations in »packaging« in the future?

I'd be inclined to go the other way: if it's a command-line program at
all, put it in the command-line category. My rationale behind this is
that people who aren't regular committers shouldn't have to know what
distinguishes a command line script from a package script. I also could
argue that the scripts aren't really part of the packaging, but the
boundary is hazy.

But to be honest, I don't mind too much, though would like something to
be chosen for exactly this reason (and, if there's a standard, then they
can get triaged to the appropriate category easily enough if they're
wrong.)

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.