Barton Chittenden barton at bywatersolutions.com
Tue Jun 30 22:56:04 CEST 2015

First, I'm a huge proponent of having a single place to look for command
line scripts... honestly, I wasn't aware of scripts outside of
./debian/command_line/, and I'm someone who actively looks for command line
scripts.

Would it be possible to make the scripts less dependent on being packaged?
My impression is that a lot of the reasons for the dependency is hard coded
paths, which probably aren't a good idea anyway... most of the scripts
explicitly run under bash, which allows setting default values of shell
variables, so it should be straightforward to set defaults which would
allow the scripts to be extended to allow other paths while still being
drop-in replacements for existing scripts.