[Koha-devel] Make on-site checkout have its own quota

Nicolas Legrand nicolas.legrand at bulac.fr
Thu Mar 5 16:23:13 CET 2015

Hey,

we may have a use for on-site checkout, but we would need it to have its
own quotas, detached from regular checkout.

This would be to handle documents coming from closed stacks. Some of them
can't leave the library, but may be consulted on site. All of our borrowers
may ask for documents stored in closed stacks, but just some of them may
borrow a book (regular checkout). That's the way we work now, with an old
custom Koha 3.2. I'm working on jumping to 3.18 and those customisations
aren't really portable, so I'm looking for something with existing features
in community branch.

If I make a bug and a patch to make a different entry for on-site checkout
in the Opac in the circulation matrix, would it be blocking for someone? Or
do you have a better idea for our need? :)

Cheers,

--

*Nicolas Legrand*
 Administration technique et développements du système de gestion de la

 [image: Logo BULAC]

 Bibliothèque universitaire
 des langues et civilisations

 65 rue des Grands Moulins