[Koha-devel] Overdrive authentication dialogue

Bob Birchall bob at calyx.net.au
Wed Mar 11 07:52:14 CET 2015

We've recently configured Overdrive integration for a client.  It works
very well and the client is getting positive feedback from members.

There is a shortcoming in the authentication dialogue, where incorrect
credentials are offered.

1.  Where a correct cardnumber is entered with an incorrect password,
Koha's SIP server responds with '(1) Greetings from Koha.'
2.  Where an incorrect cardnumber is entered (with any password), the
SIP server responds with a blank message: '(1) '

These are displayed on an Overdrive page which includes a link: 'Click
here to return to the sign in form' but there is nothing to draw the
user's attention to their error and the need to follow that link back to
try again.

Where correct credentials are offered, Overdrive redirects to the users'
Overdrive account page and no messages from Koha are displayed.

We propose to replace these messages with 'You have entered an incorrect
cardnumber or password.  Please try again.'   This will appear just
above the 'Click here to return ...' link and should make the process
obvious for the user.

Before I add this to bugzilla, has anyone seen this issue or have any
thoughts on it?  Have we missed anything?

Thanks,
Bob