[Koha-devel] Overdrive authentication dialogue

Colin Campbell colin.campbell at ptfs-europe.com
Fri Mar 13 10:55:10 CET 2015

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 05:52:14PM +1100, Bob Birchall wrote:
> 1.  Where a correct cardnumber is entered with an incorrect password, Koha's
> SIP server responds with '(1) Greetings from Koha.'
> 2.  Where an incorrect cardnumber is entered (with any password), the SIP
> server responds with a blank message: '(1) '
>
> These are displayed on an Overdrive page which includes a link: 'Click here
> to return to the sign in form' but there is nothing to draw the user's
> attention to their error and the need to follow that link back to try again.
>
> Where correct credentials are offered, Overdrive redirects to the users'
> Overdrive account page and no messages from Koha are displayed.
>
> We propose to replace these messages with 'You have entered an incorrect
> cardnumber or password.  Please try again.'   This will appear just above
> the 'Click here to return ...' link and should make the process obvious for
> the user.
>
> Before I add this to bugzilla, has anyone seen this issue or have any
> thoughts on it?  Have we missed anything?

I've had this reported recently but havent been able to look at it. I
think there might be a change of behaviour I think screen message used to
get a default value in cases like this rather than the cryptic "1". It
may be the initial flag value for screen_msg in ILS::Patron is not
getting replaced by a default?

Cheers
Colin

--