[Koha-devel] search speed

Paul A paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com
Wed May 27 21:02:20 CEST 2015

At 08:29 PM 5/27/2015 +0200, Gaetan Boisson wrote:
>Well as i said, the time is not the same depending on the number of
>results, but in both cases, the number of results is anyway much higher
>than the number of records taken into consideration for facets.
>
>Your investigation indicates that:
>
>In ZOOM->record, the time is spent in
>   my $_rec = Net::Z3950::ZOOM::resultset_record($this->_rs(), $which);
>
>Maybe it's worth having a deeper look in this.

I looked into this to some extent in January this year; facets in 3.18
<http://navalmarinearchive.com/z_koha/search_speed_data.html> appeared to
be a limiting factor as it "swamped" one CPU core (and NYProf showed this
to be from ZOOM - see
<http://navalmarinearchive.com/z_koha/nytprof_318_s/index.html>

Regards -- Paul