[Koha-devel] Improving Plack intranet performances (circulation module)

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Thu May 28 02:01:12 CEST 2015

Julian FIOL schreef op wo 27-05-2015 om 12:14 [+0200]:
> By adding the import of Koha::Schema in the intranet.psgi file, we can
> see a significant improvement of the time spent loading the
> circulation page.

Somewhere on a giant TODO-unless-someone-does-it-first list I have in my
head is a plan to make packages that use plack instead of CGI. Probably
a package you can install alongside Koha and it converts all the files
to support plack (Debian has a handy thing that lets you redirect files
that'd make this a lot easier - install the package and it's plack,
remove the package and it's back to normal.)

This is totally the sort of thing that's really good to know as part of
implementing that, so all sorts of things like this that you find,
please wiki-fy :)

Also, Devel::NYTProf is great for this stuff.

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.