[Koha-devel] Installing from scratch... one more package hosted please?

Mark Tompsett mtompset at hotmail.com
Sat May 30 23:40:53 CEST 2015

Greetings,

Backstory:
I felt like trying a base git install from scratch, just to see what the time was like. I torrent downloaded a net install ISO of Debian 8 (Jessie), set it up in VirtualBox, git cloned the Koha source, bit-bz, and qa-test-tools, and ran the install process on the Koha source. I discovered that if you forget to give permissions on the DB, but create the user and password, that the failure of set NAMES ‘utf8’ is totally not indicative of the real problem. I think there’s a patch idea in there somewhere. Once the Koha was installed, I then attempted to get the qa test tools working. And that led me to installing dh-make-perl just to get libtest-perl-critic-progressive-perl_0.03-1_all.deb installed.

Inquiry:
Can we please host libtest-perl-critic-progressive-perl_0.03-1_all.deb and/or get it somehow pushed up to Debian?

GPML,
Mark Tompsett