[Koha-devel] Benchmarks - prior to the 3.22 release

Paul A paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com
Mon Nov 9 18:56:46 CET 2015

At 04:30 PM 11/9/2015 +0000, Jonathan Druart wrote:
>Hi devs,
>
>Please have a look at the these benchmarks:
>
>http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Benchmark_for_3.22
>
>I let you draw the appropriate conclusions.

Jonathan,

Is there a write up (perhaps specific code examples) on how these
benchmarks are obtained? How fast are the machines (server and client)?
allow any caching? if from a work station, what browser, and how is latency
compensated for?

For example, using one of our cataloguers' workstations -- not exactly
modern, cache disabled, and using a 10/100 ethernet card on our Gigabit LAN
-- with Firebug "Net", I can "add item" in 1.66s (onload: 1.68s) -- the
actual POST additem.pl is 698ms, and nearly all the remainder is GETting
the various *.js (utilities.js slowest at 156ms) and *.css (skin.css
slowest at 125ms)

But -- I'm maybe comparing "apples and pears" to the benchmarks on the Wiki.

Best -- Paul