[Koha-devel] incremental backup of the DB

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Wed Nov 18 21:51:38 CET 2015

Paul A schreef op wo 18-11-2015 om 12:15 [-0500]:
> However, the original post asked about "incremental backup" and I
> assumed
> that this referred to MySQL "enterprise backup"
> <http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql-enterprise-backup/4.0/en/> because I
> am
> unaware of an incremental *dump*. With the "Enterprise backup" we
> found it
> impossible to compress the incrementals, but YMMV.

It could also be referring to binary log shipping/replication.

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/replication-configuration.html

Indranil should probably explain exactly what he's asking about.

For what it's worth, we do replication as a form of backup with at least
one of our Koha systems, and I'm not aware of it causing problems.

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.