[Koha-devel] Benchmarks - prior to the 3.22 release

Paul A paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com
Sat Nov 28 17:57:10 CET 2015

At 11:56 AM 11/28/2015 +0100, Mirko Tietgen wrote:
>NYTProfile for searches in the OPAC and in the staff client, run on
>the RPi2 with Koha 3.22
>
>For /usr/share/koha/opac/cgi-bin/opac/opac-search.pl:
>http://abunchofthings.net/koha/profile/opacsearch/
>
>For /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/catalogue/search.pl:
>http://abunchofthings.net/koha/profile/staffsearch/

Mirko,

Your numbers appear close to the testing we did (compare OPAC search
3.08.05 and 3.18.3) in January this year (see
<http://navalmarinearchive.com/z_koha/>) -- you obviously use 3.22 and a
different database (how many biblios? and how many results found? I tested,
by varying the search string, for anywhere between 0 and 25540 "results
found" in a db with ~26k biblios and 50k items -- details on our website as
above.)

I could try and assist with 3.08 on a fast server (*not* a Raspberry Pi ;={
) if there's any advantage to you (I'd try it on a production back-up
server, hopefully minimum disruption, but would probably need your scripts
and db.) While I no longer have NYTProf installed, I could do any "lesser"
testing, or maybe even reinstall it...

But then again, maybe the numbers I posted are sufficient for your comparisons?

As you so diplomatically suggest in your first email on this subject, the
search speed was the deciding factor that keeps us on 3.08 (now release 24)
-- we just couldn't envision twenty second searches in production.

Best regards -- Paul