[Koha-devel] Add rule for no subroutines in PL scripts

Mark Tompsett mtompset at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 1 16:54:30 CEST 2015

Greetings,

> There is a problem with Plack if you define lexical variables
> at top level and refer to them in the subroutines.

Which is why we should only use a hash reference parameter, (Which is
covered partially by PERL16.  :) ) and then document what we expect in the
parameter list. It would make putting those lexical variables as parameters
easy.

If they were always hash references, that would make things a lot easier
too, but I understand why a single variable parameter list might not wish to
be a hashref. :)

GPML,
Mark Tompsett