[Koha-devel] Bootstrap 2.2.2 in the staff client

Mason James mtj at kohaaloha.com
Mon Oct 5 02:48:53 CEST 2015

On 15-09-9 12:28 am, Owen Leonard wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 2:32 AM, David Cook <dcook at prosentient.com.au> wrote:
>> Owen: Ahh, I didn't realize that Bootstrap had a customizer. I figured it
>> had to be something along those lines. It's a shame they don't indicate in
>> the comments that it was a custom version built by them at least :S.
> Newer versions do, for what it's worth.
>
>> Owen: Regarding the speed, did you find there was a noticeable difference in
>> the speed of the custom CSS vs the full CSS?
> I didn't test speed differences, I just worked on the assumption that
> smaller is better. I think shaving off every byte we can is going to
> add up to speed improvements.

here is some nice info about measuring the load time of a page
  https://developer.chrome.com/devtools/docs/network#resource-network-timing

also..  http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/dom/Event/DOMContentLoaded

one thing i'm curious about is measuring the parsing/rendering time of CSS
anyone know how to do that?