[Koha-devel] IMPORTANT: Plack stress test server

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 16:37:15 CEST 2015

Heather et al

> Tomás, as someone who still is very much a newbie on testing, but
> comfortable filing bug reports when I find stuff, I'd like to participate
> in the testing, but want to know WHAT to throw at the test system. What
> bugs are you all looking for related to plack? Specific parts of the
> system? Regular tasks? What exactly does Plack change? Links? Behavior?

Plack should provide a noticeable speed boost on most of Koha's operations
:-D What we want is people to use it as they were using it in real life.
Circulate stuff, catalog, etc.

For example, I found that when you need to create a Label batch, it looks
like it is not created. I still need to fill that bug (I expect someone
else to spend the time). It works on a non-plack setup. It is difficult for
you to notice something is wrong because of Plack, so just fill the bug and
we will try to find out if it is plack related. Ok?

Give me some guidelines/direction, and I'll gladly pound away at it. Or if
> just generally walking through my own internal pre-upgrade testing list
> works, where we touch everything from basic circ to cataloging to holds to
> reports, I can just walk through that process, too.

Exactly :-D

Thanks!

--
Tomás Cohen Arazi