[Koha-devel] Test Planck

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 18:54:11 CEST 2015

Zeno et all, the recent integration of Plack into the packages requires
intalling using the master packages. Because of a failure in some tests,
Robin wasn't able to build the packages yet, but I think we are ok for
building it ASAP as the tests have been fixed already.

My plan was (is) to provide a revisited kohadevbox set of scripts, for
people to be able to test on a vagrant + gitified environment this new
Plack integration.

Tomorrow is GBSD and i'll be around exaplaining how to use it. For te
impatient, if you have a suitable running kohadevbox environment, or the
latest master packages you can:

cp debian/scripts/koha-functions.sh to /usr/share/koha/bin
cp debian/scripts/koha-* /usr/bin/
cp debian/templates/apache* /etc/koha
cp debian/templates/plack.psgi /etc/koha

- Then create a Koha instance so it picks the new apache files
- Enable Plack for the instance:

 $ koha-plack --enable <instancename>

- Run the Plack server:

 $ koha-plack --start <instancename>

This will certaintly work on Debian 8. For Ubuntu 14.04 you need to install
this apache backport (from 14.10):

https://launchpad.net/~lvillani/+archive/ubuntu/apache2

And for Wheezy:

deb http://www.d7031.de/debian wheezy-experimental main