[Koha-devel] Bootstrap 2.2.2 in the staff client

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Wed Sep 2 15:55:14 CEST 2015

> On 01.09.2015 05:30, David Cook wrote:
>
> I was just looking to use “.text-success” in the staff client, when I
> noticed that it didn’t appear to exist in bootstrap.min.css… even though it
> should.

If I recall correctly, both the OPAC and staff client use customized
builds of Bootstrap in order to omit features which we don't (didn't)
use and keep file sizes down. The version 2.x Bootstrap customizer
didn't automatically provide good notes about what features were left
out, so it's not obvious from looking at them.

On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 3:22 AM, Kivilahti Olli-Antti
<olli-antti.kivilahti at jns.fi> wrote:

> I would just upgrade the bootstrap to the newest version.

"Just?" At this point we are probably looking at "just" jumping from
Bootstrap 2 to Bootstrap 4 (now in alpha), and there should be plenty
of discussion of the process, including how much of Bootstrap's
built-in look we want to retain, what features we want to include, and
how willing we are to accept Bootstrap 4's minimum browser
requirements.

  -- Owen

--
Web Developer