[Koha-devel] Bootstrap 2.2.2 in the staff client

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Tue Sep 8 14:28:17 CEST 2015

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 2:32 AM, David Cook <dcook at prosentient.com.au> wrote:
> Owen: Ahh, I didn't realize that Bootstrap had a customizer. I figured it
> had to be something along those lines. It's a shame they don't indicate in
> the comments that it was a custom version built by them at least :S.

Newer versions do, for what it's worth.

> Owen: Regarding the speed, did you find there was a noticeable difference in
> the speed of the custom CSS vs the full CSS?

I didn't test speed differences, I just worked on the assumption that
smaller is better. I think shaving off every byte we can is going to
add up to speed improvements.

> I think if we're going to get speed improvements at this point, they're
> going to come from Plack/mod_perl.

As a mostly-front-end guy who can't contribute to server-side speed
improvements I consider it my job to make whatever performance
improvements I can where I can. There's definitely more we can do, and
I will continue to argue that we need to make the speed of the
interface a higher priority than the ease of the developers' workflow.

That said, I'm anxious to move forward on a Bootstrap upgrade, not
least because it should be clearer to everyone what's in Bootstrap and
what isn't.

  -- Owen

--
Web Developer