[Koha-devel] Cleaning up...

Paul A paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com
Sat Sep 12 00:37:33 CEST 2015

At 01:10 PM 9/11/2015 -0400, Mark Tompsett wrote:
>Greetings,
> >
>I would suggest the <http://cleanup_database.pl>cleanup_database.pl script
>in the cronjobs directory, except I've just looked at it and it doesn't
>touch the import_items or import_biblios tables.
>
>As Galen mentioned it does via cascades. Thanks for pointing me at the
>better way.

+1 (at least for Z39.50.) However for "cleaning up" purposes on a limited
VM machine, what's the size of your inno file? On my sandbox (perhaps a tad
smaller than your example):

root@[my_sandbox]:/var/lib/mysql# ls -l
total 1282100
-rw-rw---- 1 mysql mysql 1302331392 Sep 11 17:45 ibdata1

which is significant (nearly 4x the clean [1] sql dump at 354330649.) (To
get rid of it in production, you have to delete all MySQL tables before
removing this overweight monstrosity, then restore your dumps - takes only
a few seconds on a fast machine, so I've set up the cron for "idle hours".
Note this is a MySQL problem, not Koha; there was some talk that MySQL 5.6
would alleviate it, but my experience is that it does not -- only
partiallytested, we're still using 5.5.44 in production.)

Best -- Paul

[1] I have things set up to run:

./bin/cronjobs/cleanup_database.pl --import 1 &&
./bin/cronjobs/cleanup_database.pl --mail &&
./bin/cronjobs/cleanup_database.pl --sessions &&
./bin/cronjobs/cleanup_database.pl --logs 10 &&
./bin/cronjobs/cleanup_database.pl --zebraqueue 1

before mysqldump --user=[munged] --password=[munged] >
[munged]/backup/kohadump_{date}.sql