[Koha-devel] Debian 8 Jessie, Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid, and Zebra 2.0.59

David Cook dcook at prosentient.com.au
Mon Sep 21 07:37:50 CEST 2015

Hey all,

Just a reminder that Zebra 2.0.59, which is packaged with Debian 8 Jessie
and Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid, is buggy when using ICU.

Robin Sheat opened a bug in Debian back on 9 Feb 2015, but it doesn't look
like anyone has acted upon it:
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=777515.

I reported the issue to IndexData and they fixed it back on 7 Feb 2015:
http://git.indexdata.com/?p=idzebra.git;a=commit;h=704fd190292cb771df94553b0
ed6f9f4b71660a6. The fix made it into Zebra 2.0.60.

We use OpenSuse for our Koha servers, and they've included Zebra 2.0.60
since version 13.2.

I'm not sure if Robin has looked into this more lately and I think he's on
holidays so I can't ask him. but I just remembered that the 2.0.59 version
was buggy and thought I'd remind you all too.

David Cook

Systems Librarian

Prosentient Systems

72/330 Wattle St, Ultimo, NSW 2007