[Koha-devel] Kohadevbox for testing Packages+Plack

long_sam.tw long_sam.tw at yahoo.com.tw
Tue Sep 22 03:03:30 CEST 2015

Dear Tomas,

Do you have koha docker (https://www.docker.com/) project ?
kohadevbox image is too big.
BR,
longshan

     Tomas Cohen Arazi <tomascohen at gmail.com> 於 2015/9/21 (週一) 10:23 PM 寫道﹕

 Hi everyone, I hope you had a great weekend :-D
We have pushed a new branch to the kohadevbox repository. The branch is called 'ansible' and relies on that tool (Ansible) to load a full packages environment, suitable for testing Plack on packages. I already use it for my RM duties, daily.
To try/use it, you need to:
(1) Install the latest vagrant:  https://www.vagrantup.com/downloads.html
(2) Install the latest ansible:  http://docs.ansible.com/ansible/intro_installation.html#latest-releases-via-apt-ubuntu
(3) Install nfs-kernel-server (for re-using your host machine cloned repo)  $ sudo apt-get install nfs-kernel-server
(4) Clone the kohadevbox repo https://github.com/digibib/kohadevbox.git
(5) Checkout the 'ansible' branch.
(6) Dive into the directory, uncomment the lines you would like to tweak in vars/user.yml (email, name, bz configuration, etc)
(7) Set an env variable pointing to your local koha clone (for example)  $ export SYNC_REPO=/home/katrina/kohaclone
(8) Launch kohadevbox for the desired distribution:  $ vagrant up trustyor  $ vagrant up wheezyor  $ vagrant up jessie
Once you have your vagrant environment up and running, you will have access to Koha like this:
- OPAC: http://localhost:8080- Staff: http://localhost:8081
After this, you can enable Plack from within the VM by running:
 $ vagrant ssh <os> # to get into $ sudo -s # gain root access $ koha-plack --enable kohadev $ koha-plack --start kohadev $ service apache2 restart
Once you have it running and figure how easy is to destroy your environment and re-create it, you will really love this (+10000 to Magnus!).
So, this is a pledge to all of you, to use it so we properly test Plack on packages for the next release.
Thanks in advance!
--
Tomás Cohen AraziTheke Solutions (http://theke.io)
✆ +54 9351 3513384