[Koha-devel] Add rule for no subroutines in PL scripts

David Cook dcook at prosentient.com.au
Wed Sep 30 01:35:27 CEST 2015

Philippe, could you explain how it’s more messy to have code in modules?

Generally speaking, I can’t think of a reason why there would be code that is extremely specific to some script. I think the preference these days is to use object oriented code, which does isolate mess, so the code should be in the class.

As Tomas points out, it also makes it more difficult to write unit tests for functions, if it’s isolated in a script with no other way of calling that code.

David Cook

Systems Librarian

Prosentient Systems

72/330 Wattle St, Ultimo, NSW 2007