[Koha-devel] Updating Koha manual documenation

David Cook dcook at prosentient.com.au
Wed Apr 20 09:00:21 CEST 2016

Hey all,

What's the procedure for updating Koha manual documentation?

I'd like to expand on
http://manual.koha-community.org/3.20/en/sru.html#sru_search. I see there is
a kohadocs.git to which Nicole contributes
(http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=kohadocs.git;a=summary), but do
those changes still go through Bugzilla?

Does one clone the repository and just post the patches to Bugzilla and mark
it as documentation? And then Nicole/RM does the merging from there?

I basically just want to add that searching "title" will use
"index.dc.title" because the default set in pqf.properties is "dc", and that
you can use other sets by adding the prefix like "f bath.keyTitle=test" in
yaz-client when using "querytype cql".

But there's heaps of other search documentation that I'd like to edit, so I
figure I may as well get up to speed on the procedure! I've been saying for
years that I should contribute to the documentation, so maybe I should put
my words where my... words are!

David Cook

Systems Librarian

Prosentient Systems