[Koha-devel] How long is a call to schema() supposed to take

Philippe Blouin philippe.blouin at inlibro.com
Mon Aug 1 22:30:14 CEST 2016

Hello Koha developpers!

I got a question to all the dbix experts out there (I'm not one of them,
unfortunatly).  I have performance issues in the checkout that remains
even after boosting my server's performance with a SSD drive.

In C4/Circulation.pm/*AddIssue*, a lot of transactions take >1s for the
call to schema $issue =

Koha::Database->new()->_*schema()*_->resultset('Issue')->create(

This is *3.20*.  I specifically isolated that call with timers, I do a
bunch of checkouts for the same user, and repetitively, that call take
over 1s.  The machine is a beast (ram, cpu...), so what should I be doing?

Thanks,
--
Philippe Blouin,
Responsable du développement informatique

Tél.  : (888) 604-2627
philippe.blouin at inLibro.com <mailto:philippe.blouin at inLibro.com>

inLibro | pour esprit libre | www.inLibro.com <http://www.inLibro.com>