[Koha-devel] Search by itemnumber

Barton Chittenden barton at bywatersolutions.com
Wed Aug 17 21:10:14 CEST 2016

P.s. this works for barcode as well. On the bywater demo site, try

barcode:TVSN5000136467

You'll get the same record

Take a look at getIndexes() in C4/Search.pm -- a number of those indexes
should be searchable the same way. The actual logic about which can and
which can't is probably in some corner of C4/Search.pm where angels fear to
tread, but those should at least be the candidates...